Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Upholsterers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 2 upholsterers Jobs
STAR CRUISES : UPHOLSTERER
No visible body tattoo (arms, neck, legs, nape, etc). SSS (IC, E1 or E4). "Candidates are encouraged to have these documents readily available when they apply…
- LICA Land
Interpreting design orders and creating upholstery stencils. Selecting and sourcing upholstery materials. Dismantling furniture for upholstery preparation.
See all upholsterers jobs
What Upholsterers Do
Make, repair, or replace upholstery for household furniture or transportation vehicles.
- 2014 employment: 42,200
- May 2015 median annual wage: $32,020
Job Outlook for Upholsterers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -1,800
- Growth rate: -4 percent (Decline)
How to Become an Upholsterer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.