Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers: Career Information
Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
Top 1 leather repair Jobs
- O&G Leather Manufacturing Corp.
- Clark Freeport Zone
Skilled in installation, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of AC units. Has broad experience in installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance,…
See all leather repair jobs
What Shoe and leather workers Do
Construct, decorate, or repair leather and leather-like products, such as luggage, shoes, and saddles.
Shoe and leather worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 9,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $23,630
Job Outlook for Shoe and leather workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -1,500
- Growth rate: -15 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Shoe and leather worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.