Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Etchers and Engravers: Career and Salary Information
Etchers and Engravers
What Etchers and engravers Do
Engrave or etch metal, wood, rubber, or other materials. Includes such workers as etcher-circuit processors, pantograph engravers, and silk screen etchers. Photoengravers are included in Prepress Technicians and Workers.
Etcher and engraver Salaries
- 2014 employment: 9,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $29,810
Job Outlook for Etchers and engravers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -300
- Growth rate: -3 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Etcher or engraver
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.