Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Chemical Plant and System Operators: Career Information
Chemical Plant and System Operators
Top 3 chemical system operator Jobs
Water Treatment Operator
- Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Ensures integrity of water basins/pools and chemical tanks in accordance with internal safety policies and established procedures, including but not limited…
- Moog Inc.
The operator is responsible for chemical cleaning, treatments and coatings which can help in extending the lives of metals and ensuring the safety of people…
- Luen Thai Macao Commercial Offshore Company Limited
- Central Luzon
Boiler operators are responsible for maintaining heating systems in large buildings in the boiler, engine, and mechanical rooms.
See all chemical system operator jobs
What Chemical plant and system operators Do
Control or operate entire chemical processes or system of machines.
Chemical plant and system operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 38,100
- May 2015 median annual wage: $59,320
Job Outlook for Chemical plant and system operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -3,500
- Growth rate: -9 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Chemical plant or system operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Long-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.